It’s never too soon to be using LinkedIn. It’s a great time for students to learn the best ways to network.
Consider my top 10 tips
- Build your LinkedIn profile
- Think about what clubs you’ll join at school in your field of interest
- Follow up with everyone you meet while home – you never know where that relationship may go.
- See if your college has an Alumni group on LinkedIn and join it.
- Invest in business cards.
- Get a professional sounding email address. I won’t be impressed with “BeerLover1989@ aol.com”
- Review your Facebook and other social media privacy settings.
- Distinguish yourself through volunteering or interning.
- Write (not email) your thank you after meeting with people
- Attend networking events in your area with a friend
I believe that creating a LinkedIn profile should also be part of the college search process and later as part of the college experience. It’s another way that your student can differentiate himself or herself from everyone else.
Thanks for stopping by!
About The Author: KenLang
More posts by KenLang