As you continue growing your network, some basic things to keep in mind.April 20, 2020 in Blog
- Personalize the invite (which most people know by now)
- Send a ‘Thanks for connecting’ note to those you connect with, including some type of CTA (Call to Action).
- While meeting in-person may not be possible for a while, having a phone call or Zoom-type meeting should be.
- Be empathetic – we’re all in different situations than we’re used to
- Don’t be pushy, now is not the time
- Use the time to develop content for sharing and then share with others (like I’m doing on this post)
- Keep your LinkedIn profile relevant. – Volunteering will help fill in work gaps you may have now
- And above all, if you don’t know how to do something ask someone